Welcome to the ATP website
Successful meeting with Liz Truss (Undersecretary Of State for Education and Childcare)
Briefing paper: Future of A-level Psychology
Click here for the Chicheley Hall report outlining current practice of A-Level Psychology and to make recommendations for the development of the qualification.
One day CPD event – Scotland, 5th October 2013
Do you teach psychology in Scotland? ATPS, the ATP Scottish branch (ATPS) are holding a day of workshops focusing on teaching, learning and assessment, to provide much needed support for psychology teachers and lecturers at this time of major changes in the curriculum. Click here for more programme details (ATPS). Click on the Pay Now button below to book and pay for your place.
Find out what the ATP is doing to help shape the future of psychology education
Click here for more information ATP Psychology Education
A level reform consultation – response letter from the ATP
Dorothy Coombs, Chair of the ATP has responded to the A level reform consultation with a letter outlining ATP member views. Click here to view Ofqual letter
What can the ATP offer you?
- Support and practical help, especially if you are the only psychology teacher in your institution
- Advice about professional matters such as gaining QTS
- Outstanding CPD in the form of an annual conference and occasional one-day events.
- Good ideas to help you to deliver ‘outstanding’ lessons
- Advice on issues relating to psychology specifications and the examining process
- A high quality magazine, ‘ATP Today’, three times a year
- Opportunities to work with colleagues and attend events across Europe
- A platform for having your say on issues relating to teaching and learning, including influencing government policy-making
For details of how to join now click here.
ATP Annual Conference 2013
The ATP annual conference will be held on 5th -7th July 2013 at Keele University, see www.atpconference.org.uk . At the Conference there are lectures, workshops and seminars, meetings with examiners and opportunities to put queries to them and to make useful contacts. It is also great fun and a fantastic CPD opportunity.
The conference is for teachers of psychology and will offer updating sessions on psychology, presentations and workshops on teaching and learning, and opportunities to share good practice.
It is the number one CPD event for teachers of psychology in the UK. See the website for feedback from previous conferences.
Regular contributors include the national Awarding Bodies as well as numerous authors, training providers and teachers. The conference also attracts around 40 exhibitors including publishers and other providers of teaching resources.
6th July 2013 – AGM 4.30pm - Keele University - All members are welcome to attend the AGM regardless of whether or not you attend the conference as a delegate. Please email the ATP Secretary for a nomination form and/or further details.